Ableton Live 10.1 is Coming Soon
Just announced, the latest update to popular music production software, Ableton Live 10 is coming soon! Live 10.1 has officially entered a beta testing period and adds features like user wavetables, new devices, and workflow upgrades. Keep reading to learn everything we know so far.
New features in Live 10.1 include:
- User wavetables – Extend the capabilities of Wavetable’s oscillator section by importing wavetables or any sample into the device.
- Channel EQ – A flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety of audio material. The shape of the filters adapts based on how controls are set to always provide musical results.
- Delay – Combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and adds feature upgrades.
- New automation features – A palette of automation shapes to choose from, as well as the ability to stretch and skew automation, enter values with the numerical keypad, and easier access to clip modulation in Session View. Live now also detects curved movements inside automation and can merge multiple breakpoints into C- and S-shapes.
- Improvements to zooming and scrolling – Streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and other features to be announced.
- Track freezing with sidechains – Freezing tracks that contain sidechain routing is possible in Live 10.1.
- Export return and master effects – Musicians now have the option to export single tracks and groups with return and master effects applied.
- VST3 support – Live 10.1 now supports VST3 plug-ins.
Live 10.1 will be available as a free update for anyone already using Ableton Live 10. To learn more or if you’re interested in joining the beta testing group, visit Ableton’s website.
Are you an Ableton Live user? Leave a comment below and let us know what kind of features you’d like to see in the next update.