Allen & Heath Officially Introduce the Xone:96 Analogue DJ Mixer
Allen & Heath have officially introduced the new Xone:96 Analogue DJ Mixer, a follow-up to their club classic, the Xone:92. After a recent teaser video appeared on the company’s Facebook page, the DJ world couldn’t stop talking about what kinds of new features might come with this long-awaited update.
According to the Allen & Heath website, the Xone:96 “takes the legendary soul of the acclaimed Xone:92 and redelivers it, enhanced, and with state-of-the-art digital connectivity.”
Some significant new features include a refined 4-band EQ, dual Xone:VCF filters with CRUNCH harmonic distortion, and a dual 32-bit USB soundcard (24 channels at 96kHz) with Traktor Scratch certification. See below for complete details straight from the source.
- Engineered from the ground up to deliver “space-shaking” analogue sound
- All four main stereo input channels feature the latest incarnation of the industry standard Xone 4-band EQ
- Stereo Return channels A and B are fully-featured and incorporate an all-new 3-band parametric EQ design
DUAL 32-BIT 24 CHANNEL SOUNDCARD
- 2 independent USB connections, each with 6 stereo inputs and outputs giving you a myriad of routing options
- State-of-the-art 96kHz/32-bit processing ensures the highest audio quality is passed between laptops and the analogue engine
- Xone:96 soundcard supports DVS control of Native Instruments’ Traktor Scratch Pro 2 DJ software right out of the box
DUAL XONE VCF FILTERS WITH CRUNCH
- Alongside the classic HPF, BPF, LPF, resonance control and frequency sweep layout, there’s CRUNCH, a controlled harmonic distortion that sits pre-filter in the circuit to give you a powerful new effect
- Route all six main channels to either filter
TUNED FOR THE CLUB
- Two independent headphone CUE systems that allow for back-to-back performances and smooth set transitions
- Dedicated booth outputs with 3-band booth EQ let you tune the monitor system perfectly
- 2 stereo sends, 4 stereo returns and a dedicated master insert
- Send 1 is switchable from Line to Hi-Z level, making it ideal for incorporating instrument level effects, like classic guitar pedals
- X-Link allows you to hook up Xone:K series controllers to the Xone:96 for hands-on control over your software, saving USB ports on your laptop
- MIDI I/O is catered for via the 5-pin connection on the rear panel, and via both USBs
- Custom-designed 60mm linear VCA channel faders offer smooth performance and precise control
- Comes equipped with the industry-favorite Innofader Mini, complete with fader cut adjustment
The Xone:96 keeps a similar layout to the Xone:92 and has an industrial build designed to withstand harsh DJ booth conditions. It will be available this August for around $1999 USD. To see the full tech specs, visit Allen & Heath’s website.