iPad DJ Mixing App, DJ DEX, Gets an Upgrade in Version 2
Our friends over at Digital 1 Audio, creators of PCDJ software, have an exciting new update to share. The iPad DJ app, DJ DEX, has been redesigned from the ground up. Version 2 is not only a fun toy for DJs at any skill level, but the app also doubles as a trustworthy backup music source for your live gigs.
Using the same advanced and custom technologies found in their DEX 3 professional DJ software, version 2 turns your iPad (iOS 10 and up) into an authentic DJ software solution.
What’s new in DJ DEX version 2:
- Brand new interface
- Rewritten almost all audio engine
- Supports multichannel audio interfaces
- Supports lots of hardware controllers
DJ DEX is also one of the only DJ apps for iPad that supports multichannel audio interfaces. This means you don’t have to sacrifice stereo output for pre-fade listening – the app supports both. Just make sure that the audio interface is also supported by iOS/iPad.
Other key features:
- 2 DJ Decks and Mixer
- Hands-on manual mixing or hands-free automation
- Pitch/Tempo Control
- BPM Snap-To-Beat Mixing
- Seamless quantized looping
- Automatic Beat-Grid based BPM detection
- X/Y Pad | High-Quality effects (Filter, Break, Flanger, Echo, etc)
- Interactive waveforms that allow you to scratch, pitch bend, reverse play, and more
- Library browsing and search
- 6 hot cues can be set per deck, with cue-play
Check out the DJ DEX website to learn more or download the app for $4.99. Let us know if you think this technology would be helpful at your gigs, or if you’d use it as a fun app to mix with at home. We want to hear from you!