NAMM 2018: Ortofon Releases Five New Concorde Models
In honor of their 100th anniversary, Ortofon has released the new Concorde Generation MkII series with five models designed to meet the demands of modern turntable DJs. We got a closer look at the Mix, DJ, Club, Scratch, and Digital models this past weekend at NAMM 2018. Here are some key features:
- Mix – a budget-friendly, yet high quality option capable of good all-round performance
- DJ – considered the jack-of-all-trades, boasting accurate sound reproduction and excellent groove handling
- Club – featuring a special Elliptical diamond for top sound quality and output
- Scratch – allows turntablist and scratching DJs to achieve new levels of performance with an unprecedented tracking ability and extra high output
- Digital – specially-optimized for DVS systems with a technology designed to extend the life of timecode vinyl and minimize errors in decoding
With a broadened body size for more stability during performances, the Concorde MkII’s design creates a fresh and attractive aesthetic. The new stylus tip will “stay in groove” even under the toughest conditions and also have a cut-out area in the front that allows for more accurate needle drops. All models have a reinforced finger lift, which is easily replaced if broken.
Download all of the best tracks and versions on BPM Supreme.