Pioneer DJ’s New App Will Have You Recording Every Set
We’ve all been there – you prepare tirelessly for a gig and plan to record your fire mix so that you can share on social media and in your press kit. When you get to the club, the DJ booth is dark, the levels are off and what you thought would be an easy recording session turns into a time-consuming chore. Well, Pioneer DJ is looking to simplify the entire process with their new iOS recording app, DJM-REC.
Simple set-up, high-quality audio recording, and easy online sharing and streaming – the DJM-REC app for iPhones and iPads is a great option for DJs and producers looking to create and share promotional mixes. Just think, you’ll be able to stream live mixes, keep your SoundCloud page current, and send finished recordings to venues and bookers.
Here are some of the key features of DJM-REC. Check out Pioneer DJ’s website for a full breakdown.
- Easy connection to DJM Series mixers using a single USB cable
- High-quality recording that minimizes clipping and distortion
- Record audio directly in digital format, no analogue conversion
- Live stream through YouTube, Facebook Live, Periscope, Instagram and Snapchat
- Upload recordings to cloud services like SoundCloud, Mixcloud and Dropbox
- Auto time-stamp for effortless track list creation
- Remaster recordings to powerful club-standard sound
- Deck FX allows recorded sound on your iPhone or iPad to be input into DJM series mixers using the digital send/return feature
DJM-REC is available in the App Store for $9.99, but right now you can try it free for 30 days. Leave your comments below and let us know if you think this app will make your life easier. We want to hear from you!