Play Anywhere with Akai’s New MPK Mini Play Portable MIDI Controller
Today Akai Professional introduced their newest MIDI controller, the MPK Mini Play. This super-portable instrument is based on the popular MPK Mini, but adds 128 built-in sounds and its own speaker. Keep reading for more.
The MPK Mini Play has 8 MPC drum pads and a 4-way joystick for simple control. It connects to a computer via USB port for the same plug-and-play MIDI functionality as the classic MPK Mini controllers.
Powered by 3 “AA” batteries, the MPK Mini Play was built for hours of wireless fun. You can use it with headphones by connecting to the mini-audio output jack, or connect to external speakers for bigger sound using the same output jack.
Here are all of the key features on the MPK Mini Play:
- Standalone mini keyboard with built-in speaker and USB MIDI controller
- Built-in sound module with over 128 instrument sounds + 10 drum kits
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- OLED display for easy sound browsing
- 8 red backlit drum pads (2 banks, 16 total)
- 4 knobs edit sounds or send midi (2 banks, 8 total)
- 4-way joystick for pitch and modulation control
- Built-in arpeggiator
- 1/8” headphone jack
- Battery powered using (3) AA batteries