Rane DJ Officially Announces the Battle-Ready Seventy-Two Mixer and TWELVE Controller
Rane DJ recently teased news about their brand-new two-channel battle mixer, the Seventy-Two, at the 2017 DMC USA Finals. Now the DJ industry innovators have officially announced both the Seventy-Two and its battle-ready component, the TWELVE controller. These new models strengthen Rane’s position as a major competitor in the DJ performance market.
“Our challenge was to develop these breakthrough products while still maintaining our unwavering commitment to our legendary performance quality and rock-solid reliability,” said Colin Issler, Senior Design Engineer for Rane’s Seattle-based Engineering and Design team.
Seventy-Two Battle Mixer
The Rane Seventy-Two was designed in collaboration with DJs and their crews all over the world. With this new mixer, dual DJs can battle it out with their own laptops simultaneously through the two USB computer connections. The Seventy-Two has a 4.3-inch color touch screen interface and will allow users to experience Rane’s brand-new Mag Three Fader. The Mag Three Fader offers a unique touchless, tension-adjustable fader with perfect tactile feel and precision, combined with a long and reliable life.
Highlights of the Seventy-Two:
- Solid steel construction—built like a tank for non-stop, heavy-duty use
- (3) NEW MAG THREE tension adjustable faders for crossfader and channel faders with reverse, contour controls, and cut-in adjustment
- 4.3” Touchscreen for moving wave display, FX control, song selection and user customizations
- Dual Flex FX engines, one for each channel
- Chain-integrated Serato DJ Effect control plus one internal Flex Effect per channel
- Dual USB connections for DJ handoffs
- 16 Akai MPC-style performance pads w/RGB backlight, adjustable threshold and aftertouch, with independent mode controls per deck.
- Two microphone inputs – combo Neutrik, on/off, tone, mic/line level switches
- RCA Phono/CD and CD inputs for each deck
- RCA session Inputs/outputs, balanced XLR, Main Out, balanced 1⁄4”, Booth Out
- SERATO DJ and DVS enabled and includes Serato Control Vinyl
- Industry First – assignable USB controller inputs for Rane TWELVE Battle Controller
The TWELVE Battle Controller
With an all-metal body like the SEVENTY-TWO, the TWELVE is built like a tank, but it has the agility of a sports car. Pure and powerful, this motorized DJ control system functions without needle skippage or tone arm hopping. The TWELVE has all the characteristics and simplicity of a “traditional” direct-drive turntable but without the hassle of fragile needles and skipping tone arms. With the TWELVE, the DJ can scratch and play with all the direct spontaneity and creativity of a turntablist, but with the precision, repeatability and durability of the best digitally-based solutions.
Highlights of the TWELVE:
- Full 12” Vinyl with motorized platter to control playback
- Traditional, familiar turntable layout, no need to learn something new
- Strip Search with 8 hot cue triggers access
- 5.0 kfcm High torque motor with Hi/Low torque adjust for more traditional setups
- 4 decks of control so you can use one, two or more
- Extreme precision—3600 ticks of platter resolution for seamless performance
- MIDI interface via USB that can be connected to the SEVENTY-TWO or your computer
- 33 1/3 and 45 rpm platter speeds
- 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual resolution detented slider
- Top Panel rotary and traditional Motor Off switch
- Serato DJ OSA READY
Both the DJ Seventy-Two Mixer and TWELVE Battle Controller will be on display at the DJ Expo in Atlantic City from August 14-17. What do you think of these latest Battle-Ready tools? You can get one for yourself later in 2017. The Seventy-Two will retail at $1,899 and the TWELVE will retail at $799.