Rane Twelve and Seventy-Two Now Shipping + Serato Support
The wait is over to get your hands on the much-anticipated Rane Twelve Controller and Seventy-Two Mixer. Both pieces of hardware are now available for purchase in stores and online. Plus – Serato announced support for the two Rane products with their release of Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2.
Revealed back in August, this gear is Rane’s most innovative and future-facing DJ performance products to date. The Seventy-Two is available for $1899 and the Twelve for $799. To find out where you can buy them, visit Rane’s website.
Designed in collaboration with professional turntablists around the world, the Seventy-Two is a battle-ready mixer with advanced control and performance capabilities. It’s powered by Serato DJ Pro software and has features like a 4.3” color touchscreen and dual-USB input. Other highlights include:
- Solid steel construction—built like a tank for non-stop, heavy-duty use
- (3) New MAG THREE contactless tension-adjustable faders for crossfader and channel faders with reverse, contour controls, and cut-in adjustment
- 4.3” touchscreen for moving-wave display, X/Y FX control, and song selection
- Dual FLEX FX engines
- Stacked Serato DJ Pro FX with internal post-fader FLEX FX
- Dual die-cast aluminum FX paddles with 180-degree rotation
- Chain-integrated Serato software effect control plus internal FLEX effect
- Dual USB connections for DJ handoffs and simultaneous performance
- Legacy Rane US engineered superior, class-leading audio quality
- 16 Akai Pro MPC performance pads w/RGB backlight, adjustable threshold and aftertouch, with independent mode controls per deck
- Assignable USB controller inputs for RANE TWELVE motorized control turntable
- Full on-board Serato DJ Pro transport/pad control should traditional turntables fail
- Unlocks Serato DVS, with Serato’s Official Control Vinyl included (also ships with Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ expansion)
The Twelve Controller is the world’s first 12-inch, motorized control turntable that functions without a tonearm or needles. Instead, it adds a multi-function touchstrip for track-searching, needle-dropping, and hot cue controls. The Twelve promises to deliver a solid performance environment with a ‘real-feel’, true vinyl DJ experience. Other highlights include:
- Full 12” vinyl with motorized platter to control playback
- Traditional, familiar turntable layout
- Strip Search with 8 hot-cue-triggers access
- 5.0 kfcm high-torque motor with high/low torque adjust for more traditional setups
- Four decks of control
- Extreme precision – 3,600 ticks of platter resolution for seamless performance
- MIDI interface via USB connects to the SEVENTY-TWO or your computer
- 33 1/3 and 45 RPM platter speeds
- 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual-resolution slider
- Top panel rotary and traditional Motor O switch allows classic wind-down effects
- An Official Serato Accessory – will work plug-and-play with the Rane Seventy-Two or other Serato DJ Pro supported hardware
Serato is excited to usher in support for Rane’s new products with their release of Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2. The new version has all of the major updates found in version 2.0, along with support for the Seventy-Two and the Twelve.
“Anyone who plays out on turntables knows all-too-well the perils involved. Dodgy RCAs, jumpy needles, feedback – the list goes on. But with the Rane Twelve, there’s none of that stress. Just great feeling, full-sized, motorized platters bring you the same tactile experience that you get with analog turntables,” said Nick Maclaren, Chief Strategy Officer at Serato.
Serato DJ Pro is a free upgrade for Serato DJ users who have an existing license or supported hardware. Visit the Serato website for more information or to download version 2.0.2.