Reloop RP-8000 MK2 Hybrid Turntable Brings Next Level Features
Reloop has been hard at work creating what is sure to be one of the most talked about DJ setups at the NAMM show later this month. First, we reported the release of a brand new state-of-the-art battle mixer for Serato, respectively called ELITE. Next up, the German DJ manufacturer has announced the RP-8000 MK2 Upper Torque Hybrid Turntable Instrument. Keep reading for more.
First-Class Professional Turntable and Innovative Musical Instrument
The RP-8000 MK2 Upper Torque Hybrid Turntable Instrument — bet you can’t say that five times fast. The reason for this title however, is because it is truly more than just a turntable. The first of its kind, the RP-8000 MK2 is designed for seamless integration with Serato DJ Pro. It lets DJs control up to 7 different performance modes with a dedicated pad section. Plus, with a unique Platter Play mode, the pads can be used to control the platter’s rotation speed to create melodies and authentic musical performances.
A Complete Premium Set Up for Digital Turntablists
In combination with the new Reloop ELITE, DJs can for the first time control the pad modes on various devices individually and simultaneously. The ELITE high-performance DVS mixer for Serato was designed to sit in between RP-8000 MK2 turntables and boasts cutting-edge features like RGB pads and ample FX control sections.
Key features of the RP-8000 MK2 include:
- Independent pad modes (when used in conjunction with the ELITE mixer)
- MIDI compatible control section consists of multi-encoder, 8 large LED pads, three layers with 7 performance modes (cue, sampler, saved loops, pitch play, loop, loop roll, slicer) and2 user modes
- Pitch bending function via speed select buttons in Platter Play mode
- More powerful starting torque (adjustable from 2.8 – 4.5 kg/cm)
- Adjustable stop time (0.2 – 6 sec.)
- Precise motor control with 3 speeds (33 1/3, 45 & 78 RPM)
- High-resolution pitch fader (0.02 % resolution)
- Pitch range +/-8 %, +/-16 %, +/-50 % (Ultra Pitch)
- Newly-developed, height-adjustable, lightweight satin aluminum tonearm
- Real time digital LC display that shows pitch, BPM, deck assignment, scales and notes, elapsed/remaining time of current track, and firmware settings
- Smart USB connection that can connect up to 4 turntables together via USB
- Statically balanced, universal S-shaped tone arm with hydraulic lift and anti-skating mechanism
- Newly developed aluminum LED target light in unibody design moves freely and allows you to find the stylus in dark settings
- Quartz-driven hybrid turntable instrument with upper-torque direct drive
- Reverse function: Switch for forward and reverse operation
- High-quality and hard-wearing deep black, metallic finish
- Phono and line out (no grounding required)
- Shock-absorbing feet insulate against vibrations
There are even more features listed on Reloop’s website, so be sure to visit to learn more. Available later in January, the RP-8000 MK2 will retail for $699 USD.
What do you think about this super-advanced turntable? Do you think it’s a good fit for turntablists who love using Serato? We want to hear your opinion.
BPM Supreme will be attending the big NAMM show and will report back on all of the best new releases, so stay tuned for more gear news coming soon!