Serato DJ 1.8.1 is Now FULLY AVAILABLE
Serato DJ 1.8.1 is now fully available for download.
The Beta release has given Serato the opportunity to find and fix several bugs. So now, hopefully, Serato DJ 1.8.1 will give a clean and functional experience.
Check out what was fixed and other notes from Serato.
- In HID mode the CDJ cue buttons can jump to incorrect cue point marker
- With Pitch N’ Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts
- Record timer fault after recording reaches 100 mins
- Multi channel AIFF files causing crash when loaded to deck
- Tracks flagged as corrupt can stop deck playback in autoplay
- MIDI initialisation not working for some controls on OSA devices
- Full Screen mode in El Capitan not working correctly
- Half/double BPM edit causing hang
- Potential hang on library import
- Dragging and dropping outside of SDJ not working correctly
- Unable to scroll and organise crate lists correctly
- Album art is not displaying on supported CDJs
- Hang on startup for some users
- Recording meter showing max volume at all times
- On instant double waveforms are not displaying correctly on some controller screens
- GUI popups not layering correctly causing visual artefacts
- GUI stalls when rescanning ID3 tags
- Analyse files button does not light up when tracks are dragged over the top of it
- Song time text position incorrect
- Potential hang when using censor actions during Flip playback
- Selecting track with unloaded album art can cause all CDJ HID album art to not display
- Slicer status bar message for beatgrid displaying even when slicer is not enabled
- Dock Icon bouncing on OSX during startup of SDJ
- Autoplay stops playback after it skips a missing file
- Potential crash when editing beatgrids
- Scope view alignment issues when using SDJ in French and Spanish languages
- Track info disappears in History Panel after track is removed from the library
- Translation alignment issues
- A range of performance, graphical and memory optimisations
- Fixes for potential crashes, hangs and memory leaks
- Bundled the El Capitan specific drivers for the Pioneer DJM 850, DJM 900 Nexus, DJM 900 SRT, DDJ-SZ and DJM S9 drivers into Serato DJ
- When using CDJ HID mode with El Capitan the CDJ900-Nexus and XDJ-1000 players will not be recognised if they are powered on after connecting to your machine via USB, please power your CDJ units before connecting USB, we are investigating this issue.
- After updating your machine OS to 10.11 we advise restarting before attempting to use Serato DJ, it is also highly likely you will need to do another restart after installing any 10.11 specific drivers for your hardware (if any)
- If your CDJ is not detected using El Capitan and HID mode there is a known issue and we are working on it – in the meantime hotplugging your primary device while the CDJs are connected will detect them.
Hardware with Known Issues
- Vestax Typhoon
- Reloop TM- series (TM2,TM4,TM8)
- Rane SL2, SL3, SL4, Rane 61, Rane 62, Rane 64, Rane 68
- Novation Twitch
- Numark NS6, NS7 and V7
Serato DJ 1.8.1 is the latest update that includes important stability improvements for all users as well as support for some Pioneer device specific drivers for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
OS X El Capitan / Windows 10 Support
Serato DJ 1.8.1 now brings official support for OS X El Capitan and Windows 10. Please note that supported El Capitan drivers are included in this release, however Rane hardware drivers are not yet supported.
Now when you analyze your tracks, Serato DJ will detect the key. Use the colored key display for quick and easy key recognition. Choose to display the key in Camelot, Open Key, Classical Key or Original Tag.
Pitch ‘n Time DJ Update
This free update for P’nT DJ owners lets you key shift your tracks +/- 12 semitones or instantly sync the key of one deck to another.
Plug and play support for the Pioneer DJM-S9. The new 2-channel battle mixer specifically designed for use with Serato DJ.
You can now remap your supported controller or mixer to change what Serato DJ functionality it controls.
|Operating System 1||Mac OS X 10.11.1
Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.8
|Windows 10, 8.1
|Processor||i3: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i5: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i7: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Memory||32 bit, 64 bit: 4 GB|
|USB||Available USB 2.0 port|
|Free HDD Space||5 GB|
Pitch ‘n Time DJ
|Processor||i5: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i7: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
|Video Memory||384 MB (1GB+ recommended for best performance)|
BPM Supreme is a source for DJ and production culture delivering exclusive performances, interviews, behind the scenes, tutorials, and much more. Keep checking our BPM Supreme Blog to get the latest in DJ trends.