The Akai Professional MPC Live Scored an Iconic NAMM TEC Award
Akai’s latest addition to their iconic MPC line, the Professional MPC Live, has won a prestigious 2018 TEC Award. In its 33rd year, the NAMM TEC Awards are widely considered to be the “Oscars” of the professional music and production industry.
“We are thrilled to have won this recognition for the MPC Live,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “MPC Live is incredibly powerful yet it’s portable enough to take anywhere. This is exactly what artists have been asking for, whether on stage or in the studio.”
By combining the power of a production centerpiece with the portability and rugged design of onstage gear, the MPC Live lets you easily switch from creator to performer and bring the studio to the stage.
It’s also extremely portable, weighing in at just 5.5 lbs with a long-lasting rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Packing 16 gigs of on-board storage, the MPC Live features numerous ways to take your sample library and MPC sessions anywhere.
- Standalone MPC — no computer required
- 7” high-resolution multi-touch display
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Phono, instrument and line inputs
- 2 pairs of MIDI Inputs and Outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link over WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0 Midi Support
Congratulations to Akai for winning this achievement in technical excellence and creativity. The MPC Live is available now for $1,199. Check out Akai’s website for more information and let us know what you think of this product. We want to hear from you!
Did you miss NAMM 2018? Find all the highlights here.