Traktor Pro 3.1 Available Now With Parallel Waveforms and More
The latest exciting update to Traktor Pro DJ software by Native Instruments has arrived. Originally revealed at the 2019 NAMM Show and available now, Traktor Pro 3.1.0 includes new interface and workflow enhancements such as stackable parallel waveforms, expanded single-deck preparation view, and more.
The release of Traktor Pro 3 introduced a brand new, sharper interface. Now in version 3.1, NI has added even more updates to the layout, giving users the ability to view waveforms for all four decks parallel and stacked.
Single Deck View
Version 3.1 introduces the preparation-dedicated Single Deck View where the waveform of the track loaded in Deck A spreads across the full width of the screen. This is a useful function for editing Beat Grids.
KONTROL S4 MK3 Standalone Mode
Traktor Pro 3.1 also includes a firmware update that creates a standalone mode that allows the Kontrol S4 MK3 to be used as a mixer without a computer connected.
Full list of new features:
- Parallel Waveforms: Two new deck size “Parallel Full” and “Parallel Slim” have been added, which optionally replace the side by side waveforms by stacked ones.
- Single Deck View: The number of visible decks can now be set to “1” providing a single deck view with the waveform spread across the full width of the screen.
- Kontrol S4 MK3 Standalone Mode: With firmware version 0.5.8, the S4 MK3 can be used standalone as a mixer without a computer connected.
- Duplicate in Layout Manager: A button allowing to duplicate an existing layout has been added to the Layout preferences.
- Custom Mapping for S8 and D2: Individual controls can now be remapped via the Controller Manager.
- Non-destructive file handling: A set of options called “Tag writing mode” has been added to the File Management preferences that configures which types of metadata Traktor writes or does not write to the audio files.
- Tooltips are now available for all Preferences panels.
- Tooltips toggle icon is now available in the Global Section.
Traktor Pro 3.1 is available now as a free download for existing users. Native Instruments also recently made a major update to Traktor DJ, announcing Traktor DJ 2 coming in spring for Mac, PC, and iPad. See everything new in 2019 from Native Instruments and learn more about Traktor Pro 3.1 here.
Are you excited about these new updates in Traktor Pro 3.1? Let us know if there is a feature you’d like to see in a future release. We want to hear from you!