Is This Virus-Shielding Suit the Future of Nightclub and Festival Wear?
Could this be the future of nightclub and festival wear? The latest innovation circulating the internet is a virus-shielding personal protective equipment (PPE) suit that could allow people to socialize without distancing. Dubbed the Micrashell, it has been designed with live events and the entertainment industries in mind, making it ideal for settings like nightclubs, festivals, and raves. The creators are saying that while wearing the suit, you would be able to drink, vape, and even have sex without being exposed to respiratory risks. Keep reading for more.
While Micrashell is only in exploratory design phases right now, if manufactured, this suit could change the way music lovers, and people everywhere, hang out in crowds. The Micrashell suit was dreamt up by LA-based design studio, Production Club. The company specializes in creating immersive live experiences and has been involved with projects such as Intersect Festival (with AWS), as well tour production for Zedd, The Chainsmokers, and Skrillex.
If Micrashell ever does become a physical product available for purchase, Production Club says it would be fun to wear and easy to control. Check out some of the features that make the concept for this high-tech outfit even more impressive:
- Air filtration and breathing system based on standard regulations using N95 filters
- “Top only” suit design allows the user to wear normal clothes, use the toilet, and engage in intercourse
- Controllable internal speaker system that allows user to listen to live music in three modes
- Phone integration and suit control based on a smartphone app
- Wireless voice communication with options for privacy
- Supply system for drinks/vape
- Lighting system that is user-customizable
- Pan + tilt camera system with RGB LED monitoring
- Two rechargeable lithium-ion cell battery systems for uninterrupted operation
Would you rock this suit? Let us know what you think of this concept in the comments below!