Native Instruments Releases Highly Anticipated MASSIVE X Synth
After a few months delay, Native Instruments released their new much-anticipated virtual synthesizer, MASSIVE X. As the successor of the iconic and producer-favorite synth, MASSIVE, this new plugin synth has been designed from the ground up, promising to deliver flawless sound and more creative options than ever before. Keep reading for more.
Known for its intuitive interface, the original MASSIVE was released in 2007 and quickly became a staple for producers. Native Instruments says that MASSIVE “helped define the sound of modern genres such as dubstep and EDM.”
As the company’s new flagship synth, MASSIVE X was created with producers, artists, and sound designers in mind. It lets you create, modulate, and experiment with sound from a huge range of sources.
New features include:
- New oscillator section with dual wavetable oscillators and 170 wavetables
- 10 different oscillator modes, each with their own submodes
- Three primary sound sculpting controls include wavetable position as a standard control, plus two additional custom parameters for each mode
- Two phase modulation oscillators and an auxiliary modulation input for more variation right at the sound source
- Switchable filters, noise generators, insert effects, and master effects enable real flexibility when building and editing sound
- Comprehensive preset library provides a wealth of production-ready sounds that also showcase the possibilities of the instrument
- ‘Saturn ring’ drag-and-drop modulation workflow that has been carried over into the new instrument
- Rethought routing: Any output can be connected to an input, and audio can be routed to or from multiple components simultaneously
- Nine slots for creative LFOs or envelopes
- Four Tracker modulators
- Voice Randomization
- Three new Performer modulators that allow users to draw in up to eight bars of modulation patterns to assign to a parameter
An important note, MASSIVE X currently does not run in standalone mode and requires an AVX-compatible CPU. In the future, free updates to MASSIVE X will introduce new presets and expand the instrument’s functionality.
Let us know what you think of MASSIVE X. Have you been waiting for this release? We want to hear from you!