Roland’s New DJ-707M Controller Is an All-in-One Solution for Mobile DJs
The Roland DJ-707M Controller is here! BPM Supreme is excited to share the details on this new piece of gear that brings an all-in-one solution for any event and major improvements to a mobile DJ’s workflow. Keep reading for more.
The Roland DJ-707M is the world’s first hybrid DJ controller and digital console for mobile and event DJs. It offers a live sound audio console and a loudspeaker management system packed inside a complete performance DJ controller. Working alongside some of the world’s leading mobile DJs for over two years, the team at Roland was able to identify main pain points for mobile DJs and narrow down what is needed most in a controller. The result is one of the most efficient systems that will help minimize load-in and set up time.
One of the many exciting features included on the DJ-707M is zone output that allows you to send an independent feed to a videographer, direct different music to another area of the venue, or even use in subwoofer output mode. The controller also has an anti-feedback technology that listens for and anticipates feedback, adjusting speaker output automatically while never affecting your sound.
Weighing in at less than eight pounds, the DJ-707M was built for life on the road with rugged, reinforced internal and external metal parts, complete with user-replaceable components for when accidents happen. Its compact size allows it to sit between turntables and DJ media players, and it is DVS ready for component DJ setups.
Of course it wouldn’t be a Roland controller without including the company’s trademark TR sounds. Available on channel 3 in TR-Mode, you can pull from 128 preset pattern variations to overlay classic tracks and enhance transitions.
More key features include:
- Standalone mixer allows computer-free performance using CDJs, turntables, mics, and more
- Zone output with independent level control, output processing that includes 4-band EQ, multiband compression, limiter and mono mode
- 24-bit/48 kHz audio interface and high-end Roland D/A conversion for Master, Booth, and Zone outputs
- Anti-feedback mode listens for and anticipates feedback
- Two studio-quality XLR mic inputs
- AUX input with stereo or dual mono TRS inputs
- 2 USB ports for backup and changeover
- USB input can also be used to connect an iOS device for music playback
- Onboard hardware FX including FILTER, DUB ECHO, JET, NOISE or REVERB
- OSCILLATOR mode with preset sound FX perfect for spicing up the mix or helping with your transitions
- TR sounds, available on channel 3 in TR-Mode
- Dedicated Serato DJ Pro controls allow for creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, effects, drum patterns, and samples, plus switching between four Serato decks